Real Estate Law Planning Successes And Victories
Notice: The following are examples of actual cases handled by this office. However, previous successes are no guaranty of the same or better success in future cases of the same or similar nature. As with all lawyers, Yahnian Law Corporation is prevented by ethics and professional conduct rules as well as insurance carrier parameters, from making and makes no guarantees of any kind regarding the results of any matter.
Below is a small sampling of the many Real Estate matters we have successfully and victoriously handled:
- Assisted client in negotiation of real property lease agreement. Original lease prepared by the tenant contained significant exposure of landlord client. Through renegotiation and preparation of new lease fairer to Landlord, Landlord obtained better rent and protections lacking in tenant’s proposed lease.
- In a real estate borderline dispute issue, client’s neighbor alleged that it had obtained title to client’s property by adverse possession and other legal theories. The neighbor’s lawyer alleged that their position was sure and the neighbor tried to sell their property as well as the portion of my client’s property they alleged they had obtained by adverse possession. At mediation, the judge agreed with me (Steve Yahnian) that in fact, the neighbor had not met the requirements of recent case law that applied and said that the victory on this issue would go to my client. Later, the neighbor paid substantial sums to my client to clear the matter and allow them to proceed to sell their property.
- Numerous transactions involving proper planning and implementation of tax free exchanges of real property, saving clients millions of dollars in taxes.
- Several cases where proper planning and employment of legal strategies resulted in avoidance or minimization of real property taxes.
- Representation of clients in negotiating and maximizing sales price of real properties and indemnity against hazardous waste exposure.
- Multi-state real property sales and acquisitions to maximize economic realization.
- Represented Physicians Group in the acquisition of new property in which they would be conducting their practices.
- Client came to us for assistance in a transfer of real property to an LLC. While reviewing title reports in anticipation of transfer, we discovered that client, prior to coming to us, and on the advice of prior legal counsel had wrongly deeded far more real property to a buyer of their other real property a few years earlier. We found the client’s deed mistake just prior to the earlier buyer transferring the real property to a third party who would have purchased in good faith. By our discovery, we saved the client millions of dollars of lost real property value that otherwise would have been lost due to prior title company, attorney and client negligence.
Business Individual and Consumer Law & Planning Successes and Victories
Estate Planning and Administration Successes and Victories
Real Estate Law Planning Successes and Victories
Tax Law Planning & Defense Successes and Victories